THIS CONFERENCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED
AFHE's 2020 Annual Conference, scheduled for May 6th-8th at the Noelle Hotel in Nashville, has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Outbreak.
Over the last few weeks, concerned about the health and safety of conference attendees, we asserted to Hotel representatives that the conference should be cancelled due to Force Majeure. Yesterday, the Hotel finally agreed with us, after the CDC had recommended that all in-person events with 50 or more people be postponed or cancelled for the next eight weeks to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
We are gratified that 28 people registered for the conference despite the deteriorating situation. Over the next few weeks credits will be issued to the accounts of those who paid their registration fees by credit card; and refund checks will be mailed to those who paid by check.
The AFHE board will be evaluating next steps in the wake of the cancellation of our signature event and in light of the uncertain times ahead. We will keep you posted.
All directors join me in wishing health and safety to you and your families.
Navigating the Challenges for Family Enterprises in a New Decade
AFHE's Annual Conference will be held at The Noelle Hotel in Nashville, TN on May 6-8, 2020. Nashville is home to the Grand Ole Opry House, The Country Music Hall of Fame, the historic Ryman Auditorium and the Johnny Cash Museum.
Our theme for this conference is "Navigating the Challenges for Family Enterprises in a New Decade." We hope you will join us in Nashville for the type of cutting-edge programming, networking and collegiality that have become the hallmark of AFHE conferences.
Confirmed Presentations Include:
- "Avoid the Risk of a Failed Transaction of Wealth to the Next Generation – Focus on 4 Types of Capital in Focus" presented by Blair Trippe, Continuity Business Consulting
- "Planning for the Unthinkable - Emergency Leadership Succession for the Family Enterprise" presented by Laura Wartner, Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP & Paul Milne, Paul Milne Consulting
- "Deferred Compensation for Privately-Held Businesses: The Expansive Role of Code Section 409A" presented by Don Mazursky, Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
- "Cutting Edge Strategies to Introduce the Next Generation to the Family Business and Family Wealth" presented by Thompson Turner and Michael Rosenblum
- "Family Business or Enterprising Family: There is a Difference and it Matters" presented by Michael N. McGrann, TELOS Group
- "Family Cottage Succession Planning" presented by David Burleigh & Mark Kellogg
- "Allyn Family 2.0: What’s Next After Selling a 100-Year Old Family Business?" presented by Eric Allyn
200 4th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37219
The Noelle Hotel is offering a room rate of $275 per night. Please contact the hotel directly at 888-874-2883 and mention "AFHE" to receive the discounted room rate. The deadline for reservations is Monday, April 6, 2020. Click here to reserve a hotel room online.
Saturday, May 9, 2020
AFHE is organizing an informal golf outing for Saturday May 9 at 10:00 a.m. at a nearby golf course.
Attendees will pay for their own greens fees and refreshments. However, if a golf outing sponsor volunteers, funds will be available to pay for attendees’ box lunches and/or nineteenth hole happy hour refreshments and a trophy. Please contact the AFHE Office if you are interested in being the golf outing sponsor.
Please note, we need to have at least one foursome committed by March 15 to proceed with the outing.